Günther Kleinemas, WW2 Leutnant zur See Kriegsmarine U-Boat service, after WW2 Kapitänleutnant German Navy.
1) Soldbuch, 16.2.45. Kriegsmarine issue. With uniform photo as lieutenant. Although not mentioned in the pass must be a duplicate issue because the first issue was lost or damaged. Issued by the 14.U-Flottille.
2) Prisoners of war cash and valuables receipt. 1506 norwegian crones were taken from him on 17.5.45.
3) Einberufungsbescheid Kreiswehrersatzamt Bielefeld, 3.12.1963. Call-up document for Kapitänleutnant of Reserve Kleinemas for training Feb.-Mar.1963 in Wilhelmshaven with 2.Schnellbootgeschwader “Tender Elbe”.
4) Wehrpass, 5.9.1958. With civil pass photo.
5) Address book 2003 Falkland-Crew X/41 (Kriegsmarine U-Boot officer cadets starting training in 1941).
6) Some files with hundreds of copies made by him after WW2 regarding his U-Boat carreer. Including information of his captain Kapitänleutnant Klingspor, his units, the Kriegstagebuch of the U-293, photos made after WW2 inside an u-boat, U-boat archive documents, documents rearding the surrender of the U-293 to the British etc.
Entitled to: (listed in the Soldbuch and Wehrpass) Mine Sweepers Badge “Minensuchabzeichen” (23.4.43), U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen (20.12.44), U-Boot Frontspange (12.2.45) and Iron Cross 2nd Class (13.2.45).
Born 8.1.1924 in Berlin-Hermsdorf. Started schooling and training to become a Kriegsmarine officer in 1941. He served on board of the U-293, see information below. 1945 when the Soldbuch was issued he served with the in Dec. 1944 new formed 14.U-Flottille homebased in Narvik Norway under the command of Kptlt. Helmut Möhlmann. Eight U-boats were assigned to this flotilla: U-294, U-295, U-299, U-318, U-427, U-716 and U-995 and U-997. After WW2 he was living in Bielefeld and served with the German Navy 1960-1964: Marineschule Mürwik, Marine-Ausbildungsbataillon Wilhelmshaven, on board of the “Falke” of the 2.Schnellbootgeschwader, ABC-Abwehrschule and 2.Schnellbootgeschwader on board of the “Tender Elbe”. He was December 1961 promoted to Kapitänleutnant der Reserve.
Information from www.uboot.net on U-293:
Type VIIC/41 Ordered 14 Oct 1941, Laid down 17 Nov 1942 by Bremer Vulkan-Vegesacker Werft, Bremen-Vegesack (werk 58), Launched 30 Jul 1943, Commissioned 8 Sep 1943
8 Sep 1943 - 11 May 1945 Kptlt. Leonhard Klingspor
Dec, 1944 - Mar, 1945 Oblt. Erich Steinbrink
Career 6 patrols
8 Sep 1943 - 1 Apr 1944 8. Flottille (training)
1 Apr 1944 - 31 Jul 1944 9. Flottille (active service)
1 Aug 1944 - 4 Sep 1944 11. Flottille (active service)
5 Sep 1944 - 8 May 1945 13. Flottille (active service)
Successes 1 warship damaged, total tonnage 1,658 tons, Russian destroyer Razjarennyj.
Fate Surrendered at Loch Eriboll, Scotland on 11 May 1945.