Edgar Grunert, Wachtmeister (Sergeant) Luftwaffe Flak / Feldmeister RAD, Officer (rank as Lieutenant) German Labour Service.
1) War Merit Cross 2nd Class, 1.9.43 Signed by the CO of Luftgau Holland, General der Flieger Hans Siburg (GCiS 20.3.44).
2) Luftwaffe Flak Badge, 5.2.42.
3) Remembrance medal for the 1st October 1938 with bar (Prager Burg), 1.10.39.
4) RAD long service medal 4th Grade, 31.5.40. DinA4.
5) Postcard sized wedding photo with Edgar in his Luftwaffe uniform wearing a Luftwaffe shooting lanyard, SA Sports Badge, Luftwaffe Flak Badge and the DRL Sports Badge.
6) Postcard sized photo with Edgar (together with other RAD members) in his RAD officer’s tunic wearing the Luftwaffe Flak Badge. RARE !!
7) Appr. 10 pass photos of Edgar in uniform (SA, RAD and Luftwaffe).
8) Document for re-entering the RAD regarding proof of Aryan descent, 7.8.39. Size DinA4.
9) Official approval from the RAD District XVII(L) for his marriage, 21.5.42. Signed by a Generalarbeitsführer !! Size DinA4.
10) Official approval from the doctor of his Luftwaffe unit for his marriage stating he has no medical or mental illnesses, 11.5.42.
11) Official approval for marriage from the medical office in District Fallingbostel for his wife stating she has no medical or mental illnesses, 14.5.42.
12) Official approval for marriage signed by the CO of his Luftwaffe unit, 12.6.42.
13) Archive document (and cover of his file) of his Luftwaffe unit, 10.6.42.
14) Sports certificate of his wife (Elisabeth Slütter) for the youth sports contest, 28.6.32. Size DinA4.
He served from 1939 as a professional officer (Feldmeister) with the German Labour Service (RAD unit 6/170 and 5/170). During his RAD service he served also with the Luftwaffe Flak (Flak units with Luftwaffe and RAD personnel). 1939-42 with 9./Flak-Regiment 38 (home based in Steyr, Austria), 1939 active in Poland, 1940 in France,.1941 under Panzer-Gruppe 2 in middle Russia, 1942 with the 1.Panzerarmee in Southern Russia. 1942 he was transferred to 5./Res.Flak-Abteilung 155 (1943 renamed Gemischte Flak-Abteilung 155(v)). 1942-44 active in Holland (1942-43 based in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, May.-Aug..44 based on the air field Twente at Enschede and Oct.44 active at Arnhem).