Josef Liebl, Obergefreiter Wehrmacht transport / Oberwachtmeister Gendarmerie / Stabsfeldwebel (Staff-Sergeant) Military Police.
1) Polizei Dienstpass, Police Service pass, 10.9.41.
2) Polizei Soldbuch, Police pay book, 14.7.43. Issued in Holland.
3) Polizei Dienstausweiss, Canvass police identity pass, 11.6.41. Pass photo removed.
4) Military drivers lisence, 17.4.31. Army issue with uniform pass photo.
5) Military driving instructor lisence, 30.7.34. Army issue.
Entitled to: Military Long Service Medal 3rd and 4th Class, Police Long Service Medal 3rd Grade, National Sports Badge in Bronze and War Merit Cross 2nd Class.
Dog-tag entered in both police passes: Höhere SS- und Polizeiführer Nordwest
Born 1907. He served: Jan.26-Sep.34 with Fahr-Abteilung 7, an Army transport unit based in Munich; Oct.34-Sep.37 with Artillerie-Regiment 73 based in Ohrdruf; Oct.37-May 38 with the Panzertruppen-Schule based in Münster; Jun.-Aug.38 again with Artillerie-Regiment 73 in Ohrdruf; Sep.38-Aug.39 with Gendarmerie-Posten Siegenburg; Aug.39-May 41 with Feldgendarmerie-Abteilung(mot)571, a military police unit 1939 active in Poland, 1940 active in France (Aisne, Marne, Besancon, Belfort, Epinal, occupation force France), Apr.-May 41 active at the Eastern Front; May-Jul.41 with Feldgendarmerie-Abteilung 1 based in Perleberg; Aug.41-Nov.43 with “Verbindungsoffizier der Befehlshaber der Ordnungspolizei Landespolizei-Präsidenten” based in Amsterdam, the (German) rural police upper command in Holland. Last entries Nov.43 because he was transferred to the SS (as all police units were placed under SS command at that time).