Andreas Hoffmann, Lance Corporal (Gefreiter) MG platoon Army Infantry
1) Wehrstammbuch. Official counterpart of the Wehrpass as filed by the army dictrict office.
2) Gesundheitsbuch, military medical book.
3) Army district office filing card
4) Pass photo (stamp and name at the back)
5) Two declaration of non Jewish descent, 12.2.40 and 16.5.41.
6) Document for sending the Wehrpass to his wife after he was KIA, 11.8.42.
7) Document regarding the award of the Ostmedaille, 16.12.42.
8) Document from his unit for sending the Wehrpass to the army district office because he was KIA, 12.2.42. Signed by his CO, Oberleutnant Seifert.
9) Two military transfer documents, Kriegsstammrollenauszug.
10) Statement by the police that he has no criminal record, 12.2.40.
Entitled to: Iron Cross 2nd Class (15.1.42, awarded posthumously)
Builder born 1903 in Kleinschwarzenbach living in Helmbrechts. He served: Apr.-Jun.40 with 4.(MG)/Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 21 in Fürth; Aug.40-Dec.41 with 12.(MG)/Infanterie-Regiment 95 of the 17.Infanterie-Division, occupation force in Belgium, from Jun.41 active in middle Russia (Brest-Litowsk, Bialystok, Gomel, Tschernigow, west of Moscow). He was KIA on 23.12.41 in Gosteschewo. Probably still buried in his field grave because he was not moved to a war cemetery after WW2.
Recent information German War Casualties Organization:
Date of birth: 26.07.1908
Place of birth: Kleinschwarzenbach
Date of death/becoming missing: 23.12.1941
Place of death/becoming missing: Gosteschewo
Andreas Hofmann has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Gosteschewo - Russland