Adam Milbert, Corporal (Obergefreiter) Army truck depot and field tank workshop Führer Grenadier Division - Grossdeutschland Division.
1) Wehrpass, 23.5.36.
2) Allied permit for traveling with his bike in the city of the Ober-Mumbach, 19.4.45.
3) Allied travel permit for traveling from Urfahr to his home in Ober-Mumbach.
4) Allied residence certificate, 24.5.45.
5) Document regarding health insurance payments, 1936. Opel factory.
Plumber/mechanic born 1913 in Unter-Absteinach living in Ober-Mumbach. 1935-1936 working at the Adam Opel car factory in Rüsselsheim. He served: Jun.-Sep.42 with Schützen-Ersatz-Kompanie 477 in Meseritz; Sep.42-Jan.43 with truck unit Kraftwagen-Wirtschaftskompanie III in Gross-Berlin; Jan.-Aug.43 with truck depot Kraftfahrzeug-Standortstaffel Berlin; Aug.43-Sep.44 with truck transport unit Kraftfahrzeug-Verfügungs-Staffel Wehrkreis III in Berlin; Sep.44 medical examination at truck replacements unit Kraftfahrpark-E.u.A.-Abteilung 3 in Perleberg; from Sep.44 onwards with the tank field workshop Panzer-Werkstatt-Kompanie of the Führer-Grenadier-Brigade.
The Führer Grenadier Brigade (formerly Führer Grenadier Battalion later Führer Grenadier Division) was an élite German Army combat unit. The Führer Grenadier Brigade is sometimes mistakenly perceived as being a part of the Waffen-SS, whereas it was actually an Army unit and technically assigned to the Großdeutschland Division. This misconception comes from its original duty of guarding Adolf Hitler's East Prussian Wolfsschanze Headquarters, a task which sounded similar to the original one of Waffen-SS 1. Panzer Division "Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler", which in turn stemmed from the Führer's original bodyguard corps. In 1944, the battalion was reorganized as an armored brigade at Fallingbostel. Personnel were drawn from the Großdeutschland Division pool of hand-picked personnel. In October 1944, it was assigned to XXVII Korps of the Fourth Army and sent to the vicinity of Gumbinnen. They fought at Daken and Grosswaltersdorf from October 21–23. The brigade operated in conjunction with 5th Panzer Division and the Hermann Göring Division. Between December 11–17, 1944, the brigade was sent west to participate in Operation Herbstnebel. The brigade's composition did not match any standard unit configuration. The Großdeutschland Division never fought on the western front in 1944–45 (it did see action in the 1940 campaign). As a part of Großdeutschland, FGB was permitted to wear cuff-title insignia. The Großdeutschland was ordered to wear the cuff title on the right sleeve (as did veterans of the North African campaign or the taking of Crete with their own honour bands), while the SS wore theirs on the left. In 1945, the brigade was awarded their own cuff title, FGB. FGB was assigned to Seventh Army Reserve for Operation Herbstnebel. The brigade was pulled from the line in early January 1945. On paper, it was enlarged to a division and assigned to Heeresgruppe Vistula. In April, it was reassigned to 6th Panzer Army. The Führer Grenadier Division surrendered to U.S. troops in May 1945 near Vienna, Austria.