EK1 grouping Leutnant Infantry 6 awards 1942-1945 293.ID 359.ID
1 in stock
Rudolf Schwenke, Lieutenant 2nd Class Infantry.
1) Iron Cross 2nd Class, 5.1.42. Signed by the CO of the 293.Inf.Div., Colonel Werner Forst (Kn.Cr.: 29.8.43; Oak.L.: 22.2.44).
2) Winter War Medal, 5.12.42.
3) Wound Badge in Black, 14.10.43.
4) Wound Badge in Silver, 23.3.44.
5) Iron Cross 1st Class, 18.1.45. Signed by the CO of the 75.Inf.Div., Gen.Maj. Karl Arning (Kn.Cr.: 11.10.43).
6) Wound Badge in Gold, 19.1.45.
He served 1942-43 with Infanterie-Regiment 511 of the 293.Inf.Div., then operating in Russia (a.o. Kursk, Jelez, Orel, Bolchov, Brjansk, Charkow, Uman). Nov.43 the Div. was disbanded and the remaining personnel of Inf.Regt.511 was transferred to the in Poland (Radom) new-formed Grenadier-Regiment 948 of the 359.Inf.Div., which was operational April 44 and operated in the east till the end of the war (a.o. Tarnopol, Debica, Tarnow). 1945 he served with Füs.Rgt.202 of the 75.Inf.Div., also active in the east (Beskiden, Upper-Silesia)