Big group Wachtmeister Nachrichten France Russia EK2 KVK2
1 in stock
Oskar Brennecke, Wachtmeister (Sergeant) Army Signals „Nachrichten“.
1) Soldbuch, 27.8.39. With uniform pass photo. Heavily used condition, cover loose.
2) Wehrpass, 15.4.36.
3) His dog-tag: “5.Fspr.B.Kp.(mot)II/596”.
4) Iron Cross 2nd Class, 30.7.40. Signed by the Army Group A Signals CO., Generalmajor Ludwig Löweneck.
5) Winter War Medal, 10.8.42. Signed bu the CO of Festungs-Nachrichten-0Stab 12, Major.
6) Promotion to Wachtmeister (Sergant) including the accompanying document for sending it to him, 18.2.44. Signed by the CO of III./Führungs-Nachrichten-Regiment 40, Oberstleutnant. Size Din A4.
7) War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords, 1.9.44.
8) Handwritten diary in a 1940 small frebch pocket agenda. Entries from May till Nov.1940.
9) 5 other documents regarding his military career, military train tickets, list with all personnel of his unit (4 pages Din A4) etc.
He served Aug.38-Oct.39 with Armee-Nachrichten-Regiment 596 then based in the west (Saar area). Oct.39-Apr.42 he served with 9.Fernsprech-Bau-Kompanie(mot)III/Heeresgruppe-Nachrichten-Regiment 570, a telephone networks construction unit, till Apr.41 active in the wet (camouflage name “Ausbildungsstab Winter”) after which the unit was transferred to Poland preparing for the campaign against Russia and active in Southern Russia (Don, Donez, Charkow). Apr.42-Jun.43 he served with 23./Fernsprech-Bau-Kompanie 649 also active at the Eastern Front in Southern Russia. Jun.43-Apr.45 he served with Festungs-Kabel-Bauzug 1./683, Jul.43 renamed Festungs-Kabel-Bauzug 1./12 of the new formed Festungs-Nachrichten-Stab 12, a Signals Corps fortress cable networks construction unit based in France and after the Allied invasions in France transferred to south-west Germany (Baden-Baden). Apr.45 he was transferred to Festungs-Fernkabel-Bauzug 1/21 of Festungs-Nachrichten-Stab 21, then based in western Germany (Gronau, Westphalia).