EK1 grouping Feldwebel IR50 111.ID Southern Russia 5 awards
1 in stock
Willi Pflug, Feldwebel (Sergeant) Infantry.
1) Iron Cross 2nd Class, 11.9.41. Signed by the CO of the 111.Infanterie-Division, Generalleutnant Otto Stapf (Kn.Cr.31.8.41, Kn.Cr.of the KVK 10.9.44).
2) Winter War Medal, 1.8.43.
3) Infantry Assault Badge in Silver, 21.5.44. Signed by the CO of Grenadier-Regiment 50, Hauptmann.
4) Close Combat Clasp 1st Grade (for 15 days), 22.5.44. Also signed by the CO of Grenadier Regiment 50, Hauptmann.
5) Iron Cross 1st Class, 23.5.44. Signed by the CO of the 111.Infanterie-Division, Oberst.
He served 1941-44 with Infanterie-Regiment 50 (Oct.42 renamed Grenadier-Regiment 50) of the 111.Infanterie-Division active in Southern Russia, Caucasus and Southern Ukraine (Krim). 1941: Dubno, Shitomir, Kiew, Poltawa, Donez. 1942: Donez, Rostow, Caucasus. 1943: Caucasus, Rostow, Taganrog, Melitopol, Nikopol. 1944: Nikopol, Crimea (Krim), Sewastopol. The unit (and Division) was May 44 completely destroyed at Sewastopol.